Vote today from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Today [June 2] is election day.
A person 18 years or older, a Canadian citizen and a resident of Ontario is eligible to vote today. Polls are open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
To find a voting station near you, click here.
Voting locations in Haliburton County are:
(For more information and to confirm locations, visit elections.on.ca.)
Knox United Church, 1012 Harvey Avenue, Dorset
Oxtongue Lake Community Centre, 3971, ON-60, Dwight
Stanhope Firefighters Community Hall, 1095 North Shore Road, Algonquin Highlands
Dysart et al:
Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 129, 719 Mountain Street, Haliburton
Eagle Lake Community Church, 2605 Eagle Lake Road, Haliburton
West Guilford Recreation Centre, 1061 Kennisis Lake Road, Haliburton
Cardiff Community Centre, 2747 Monck Road, Cardiff
Lloyd Watson Memorial Community Centre, 2249 Loop Road, Wilberforce
Robert McCausland Memorial Centre, 1043 Community Centre Road, Gooderham
Minden Community Centre, 55 Parkside Street, Minden
Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 636, 12847, ON-35, Minden
- Bring your voter information card and one piece of ID showing both your name and current residential address with you to your polling station. If you don’t receive your voter information card you can still vote.
- When you arrive at the polling station, you will be asked by an election official to show your ID. They will confirm you are registered on the voters list. You will be asked to sign your name to a declaration stating you are eligible to vote.
- The election official will issue you a ballot, and will explain how to use it.
- Bring the ballot behind a voting screen. Mark an X in the circle beside the candidate you wish to vote for and cover your vote with the provided secrecy folder.
- Bring your ballot – in the secrecy folder – to an election official, who will insert it into a tabulator. If you are at a location that does not have a tabulator you will be asked to insert the ballot yourself into a box.
Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Brock candidates
- Gene Balfour, Libertarian
- Barbara Doyle, Ontario NDP/NPD
- Kerstin Kelly, Ontario Party
- Don McBey, Ontario Liberal Party
- Ben Prentice, New Blue
- Tom Regina, Green Party of Ontario GPO
- Laurie Scott, PC Party of Ontario
For more information about the Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Brock electoral district, visit Elections Ontario.
To learn more about accessible tools and services available to Ontario voters, visit Elections Ontario.
Ways to Vote
Please review the ‘Ways to Vote’ information at Elections Ontario
Vote by mail
The deadline to apply to vote by mail was May 27. Completed voting kits must be returned by 6 p.m. today [June 2] to be counted.
Unofficial election results
Live results will be available at https://www.elections.on.ca/en.html after 9 p.m. today.