Firefighters assist with kitchen fire

The Dysart Fire Department extinguished a kitchen fire on Sunday May 15 at a residence on Pine Avenue in Haliburton.

According to the department a pot of oil caught fire causing the home to fill up with smoke. Damage is estimated at $10000.

The fire was put out with an extinguisher and the fire department used fans to ventilate the home.

They are reminding the public to stay near their stoves while cooking and to always keep a lid close when heating grease or oil.